Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I never cared- no edit notebook poems




I never cared
------
they looked like green marachino cherries
two mirrors placed side by side
neon creme gooped on eyelids reflected into infinity
like a hell full of old hags

/puffy eyelids
--
you made me wear whale oil
until my chest hurt horribly
old brown pills made from pinecones
dry dust made me cough up sage wax
--
going through old jewelry
things you bought me ....
blue alice watch
juxtaposition of white pearls & sad enamel puppy pins
with or without detachable heads
--
who were you?
why did I care?
you had a habit for keeping things forever
you lived in a bubble of "i'll do it later"
you kept your face clean with brown soap
I cry still about the smell of brown soap
the way the bottle looked like a cylinder--
--
we are like pea pods
fuzzy green bored in the shell
guava eating by the oak trees
our childhood has left
I miss you brother of my blood
--
I never cared about loveliness
I wanted reality to drift over our stucco house
like a sleepy cloud full of needles
it would happen someday
gold triangles would seperate the needles
into windows for me to escape
while stepping through the membrane
of "the real world"

No comments:

Post a Comment